Living with damaged, decayed, or missing teeth can be a challenging experience. It doesn't just make you conscious of your smile but also affects your day-to-day functions, such as chewing and talking. Fortunately, dental crowns restore the aesthetics, form, and function of your teeth, giving you a healthy and beautiful smile.
The only downfall is that you get them after multiple appointments. But no more! Same-day crowns have made it possible for you to receive a dental crown immediately after the treatment without waiting for weeks.
What are Same-Day Crowns?
As their name says, same-day crowns are dental crowns that can be made within two hours. Also known as CEREC, they are like conventional dental crowns but created in our dental practice through computerized technology. They are the most advanced type of dental crowns that are as effective and sturdy as traditional crowns.
How Are Same-Day Crowns Made?
- We begin with examining your teeth and determining the extent of the damage.
- We chalk out a treatment plan best suited for your needs.
- We give local anesthesia to you to eliminate pain and make the treatment process as comfortable as possible.
- We treat, prepare, and reshape the tooth before taking the impression for same-day crowns.
- We take scans, pictures, and x-rays of your prepared tooth and enter the data into the CEREC machine.
- The software converts the data into a 3D virtual model that you see on the computer screen.
- We transfer the impression to the milling machine, which makes the crown from a porcelain block.
- We will receive the crown within two hours.
- We place the crown over your tooth to ensure they fit perfectly.
- We will fix them in position using dental adhesives, and you get a new crown in just one visit.
Benefits of Same-Day Crowns
- They are made using the most advanced technology that duplicates minute crevices and details of your teeth. Hence, giving a life-like appearance.
- They can be made on the first appointment. You walk home with the replacement of your missing teeth.
- They are very efficient.
- Same-day crowns are made in just one day. You do not require to wear temporary crowns, and hence, they are cost-effective in the long run. Also, they are durable.
- They are high-precision and have a snug fit. So, they are more comfortable than traditional crowns.
- They protect your natural tooth from further damage and decay.
Homeland Dental, located in Greensboro, NC, is equipped with modern technologies and the latest amenities that enable the best dental care for patients. Dial (336) 272-0132 and book an appointment with Dentist in Greensboro NC to know more about dental services.