Dental veneers are one of the best ways to improve your smile, especially when your teeth are slightly chipped, misshapen, discolored, or misaligned. They are thin wafer-like tooth-colored shell covers that we place over the visible part of your teeth to alter their shape, size, and length. Veneers also cover gaps between your teeth, thus offering a perfect smile. As they match the color of your teeth, they look like your natural pearly whites.
What are the Types of Veneers?
Veneers are made using porcelain or composite resin material. Both these materials have their own advantages. For instance, we customize porcelain veneers to fit perfectly to your teeth. They are strong and long-lasting. The procedure also doesn't require a lot of removal of your enamel while placing these veneers.
Composite veneers are made in dental labs and bonded to your teeth using a resin adhesive. They are less expensive than the former. However, they do not last so long.
What are the Advantages of Dental Veneers?
- Veneers give you the most natural-looking appearance, thus enhancing your smile.
- They have stain-resistant qualities.
- Veneers are durable and long-lasting.
- They do not require any special oral care. All you need to do is to maintain regular dental hygiene.
- Dental veneers can be customized to match the shape, size, appearance, and length of your teeth.
- The procedure is less invasive than other dental restorations. Veneers do not require a lot of reshaping of teeth like crowns.
How are Veneers Placed?
- We will examine your teeth to ensure that veneers are the best option for you. We may also carry out an X-ray to check the shape, size, and length of your teeth.
- We will prepare the surface of your teeth by removing some parts of the enamel from them. You will be given mild anesthesia to numb the site. We will take impressions of your teeth and send them to the dental lab for the fabrication of veneers. It may take 2-3 weeks; hence we will offer temporary veneers.
- During your next visit, we will clean and polish your teeth to bond the veneers properly to their surface. We may also apply a gel to your teeth to create a rough texture so that they adhere to perfection.
- Using a special kind of light (curing light), we will cement the permanent veneers in place. The light hardens the material quickly. Any excess adhesive will be removed, and essential adjustments will be made.
Homeland Dental, located in Greensboro, NC, is equipped with modern technologies and the latest amenities that enable the best dental care for patients. Dial (336) 272-0132 and book an appointment with Dentist in Greensboro NC to know more about dental services.